Re: Downloading and naming

On 2016-07-31 10:59 +0200, Brian Wengel wrote:

> I'm talking about media. The debian developers should erase
> CD/DVD from their brian, and only focus on the technologies we
> use today and have used for many years.

My main computer, the one on which I'm writing this, cannot boot
off USB. Installed Debian 8 on it about a year ago. Had to use a
netinst CD.

Not saying you don't have a point, just that it's easy to forget
how diverse the world of Debian users is. Even if most people
who install Linux do it on brand new PCs (which might or might
not be true), the notion that Debian should be catering to the
needs of "most people" is debatable. Even Ubuntu doesn't, since
Linux is not what most people run.

Again, I'm not against making it easier for people who install
from pen drives, just reacting to your declaration that optical
media can now be dispensed with.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Think of all the spam you'd be getting if the Debian project