Re: Another appeal about Flaky browsers

On 2016-07-27 16:38, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Wednesday 27 July 2016 22:18:36 Felix Miata wrote:
Alan McConnell composed on 2016-07-27 16:07 (UTC-0400):
> I wrote about this a while ago, but have to repeat my appeal.
>
> Under  jessie  all the gui browsers I have tried(iceweasel and
> chromium) crash continually, with messages "Well, this is embarrassing"
> and "Aw, snap" continually appearing.  This happened only rarely with
> jessie's predecessor,  wheezy.

irc://moznet/%23firefox is where I would go to find a favorable resolution most quickly. Otherwise, goto the mozilla.org mailing lists or forums or to mozillazine.org. Maybe it does have to do with Jessie rather than Mozilla, but those places I'd expect to do better at identifying the root problem,
especially if you do as Ric suggests and it doesn't help.

The rest of us aren't having the problem, so it must be something in Alan's personal set-up or config files. Having said which, I do find that Google
Chrome is currently eating memory like there is no tomorrow, so is the
problem shortage of memory?

Lisi
I have never had the problem myself, but I am still using Debian Wheezy, since the last "upgrade" it also is using FireFox-esr, There were enough people having this problem, that they even have a thread on it at Mozilla, https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/956252 and not just Debian.
  A startpage search gets quite a few results as well:
https://lmsptfy.com/?q=FireFox-esr%20error%20Well%2C%20this%20is%20embarrassing%20and%20Aw%2C%20snap