Another appeal about Flaky browsers

I wrote about this a while ago, but have to repeat my appeal.

Under  jessie  all the gui browsers I have tried(iceweasel and
chromium) crash continually, with messages "Well, this is embarrassing"
and "Aw, snap" continually appearing.  This happened only rarely with
jessie's predecessor,  wheezy.

Someone suggested I install  'iceweasel - firefoxESR'.  I have done
so, and it is the browser that shows when I click on 'Activities' in
the upper left corner of my Gnome screen.  But it doesn't start at
all!  ?  !  ?  !

Does anyone know where in /var/log  the error messages for this
failure are kept?  Or perhaps someone has suggestions about what
to change in my .cache or .config directories?

Alan, whose animus against Debian is increasing hourly because of
the wretched failures of the  jessie  installation

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
     One Law for the Lion and Ox is Oppression(W. Blake)