Re: Jessie does not boot (GRUB2 complains with "mduuid not found"

Hi, deloptes.

On 27/07/16 17:16, deloptes wrote:

>>> Did you check mdadm.conf - you usually regenerate it and recreate/update
>>> initrd

>> Irrelevant. GRUB does not use mdadm.conf for booting.

> I understood OP has problem with assembling MD after boot. It is not clear
> to me if his / is on raid or not.
>
> mdadm.conf is IMHO relevant

I think to have checked the initrd and it had been built with
/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf by the Debian installer. Responding to your doubt,
/ is a LVM logical volume on an MD device.

But as in this case the boot process was interrupted in the instance
where GRUB was in control and not the kernel (because of the "grub
rescue" prompt), I thought the problem could come maybe from the side of
GRUB.

Thanks for your interest.

Kind regards,
Daniel