Instralling from offline sources: broadcom

I need to install the broadcom-wl wireless adaptor drivers.  I have no connection to the internet on this new installation.  So it's either this or tethering the iphone to get this package installed.

Both of these pathways require a plethora of steps to install various dependencies for dependencies.  I was a debian user in the early 90s, and remember alarm at the penchant of devels to split everything into packages; now I can remembery why....

Anyway, I need build-depends.  Make, of all things, is one of the most difficult things to install.

I have installed stretch.  Up to this point, it's a fantastic process of installation.  As of now, several problems have kept me back.

1.  I used a usb of HD medium, so many packages are on this usb drive, but it's beyond me how to get apt-get to recognize the USB drive as a rep, and go ahead and complete the update.  Probably I need a list of packages.

2.  I cannot find make on this USB drive in pool.

3.  I cannot find patch on this USB drive.

4.  Individually I have installed a bunch of development packages.

5.  Tethering is a huge problem because of ifuse, I think, and other dependency hells.

This is enough for now.  I would very much appreciate some advice on any of these topics.  Once I have broadcom-wl installed it's all downhill I think.

I do have the package, but the dependencies are driving me bats.

Thank you.

Alan Davis

--
[I do not] carry such information in my mind since it is readily
available in books. …The value of a college education is not the