Re: wicd trouble

On 2016-07-25 18:53, Glenn English wrote:
What does "Verifying access point association" mean, and what do you
do to make it OK?

I have several Debian boxes, Wheezy and Jessie. Wired and wireless (3
wireless -- wicd manged). 2 of then are Raspberry Pi 3's the other is
a GoBook laptop. All 3 are Jessie. All are XFCE4.

A few days ago, for no reason I can think of but surely something (I
futz with my computers all the time, but I swear I did nothing to the
laptop), they started failing to connect with the AP. Everything went
smoothly until that step. Then they stayed there for a long time, then
said it couldn't connect.

When I shut down the laptop one night, all was well. When it started
the next morning, things were bent.

All have ethernet connectors, and all work successfully on Ethernet --
all connected by wicd.

I replaced the chip in one of the Pi's with a backup, and it started
working. I've copied its wicd directory and its wpa-supplicant
directory to the laptop (and rebooted after each), with no success.
I've looked on the 'Net for anything that could be causing this, nada.

The Apple AP is OK, I think, because one of the Pi's and the MacAir
works. The other 2 Debians worked until recently.

Any explanation(s) would be gratefully appreciated. Reinstalling on
the Pi's is reasonable, although its OS has been modified a bit. But
the laptop would be a major job.
I would try looking at this first: https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse
It also answers about this ""What does "Verifying access point association" mean ", it means what it says, it is verifying the access point, or trying to,... So that maybe is the problem, it can not verify the access point.
 also this may have something: http://wicd.sourceforge.net/moinmoin/FAQ