Re: Force Re-installation

Le 24/07/2016 à 15:47, Hans a écrit :
Am Sonntag, 24. Juli 2016, 09:30:12 schrieb S. P. Molnar:

How do I force the re-installation of a file and all of it's dependencies?

A file or a package ?

1. I would deinstall the package (aptitude purge packagename), then maybe all
orphaned libs

Deinstalling has two flaws :

1) Deinstalling a package requires to deinstall all packages which depend on it.

2) The dependencies may be used by other packages, so they may not be orphaned. If you deinstall all the dependencies too, see 1). As many packages depend on libc6, you'd end up deinstalling almost all the system.

Instead I'd use this :

apt-get --reinstall install <package list>