re: xdg-utils

It turns out both purge commands for xorg and pulseaudio failed for some reason over here and speech for now is temporarily back to normal. I now don't know what's going on over here any longer. It could be this sound system is on its last legs and that wouldn't be surprising since I'm using one of the early amd k8 athelon computers. I know components of xorg are still on the system since otherwise emacs would have been cleared from the system and it wasn't.