Re: freezing gnome

Hi,

Pavel Kosina wrote:
> Found, that it is more often, when cpu
> temperature over 50degrees so I add another fan. Now it less frequently,

> anyone can help?

If this observation is statistcally significant, then there is obviously
a hardware related problem.

Proposals for investigation:

Does this only happen when you put workload on the system ?

Does it happen if you use a different desktop than Gnome ?

Do you have an extra graphics board and could switch to mainboard graphics ?
(Does it still freeze then ?)

Does it happen if you boot some Live CD/DVD system with different kernel ?
(E.g. an older Debian Live ?)

Is any passive radiator on the mainboard or graphics board loose ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas