Re: synaptic package manager error

On Tue 19 Jul 2016 at 17:35:51 -0400, Jesse Stephen wrote:

> I'm getting an error message when I run ther synaptic package manager that
> I have to manually run the dpkg-- configure to correct the problem. This is
> not something I no how to do, I am very green at this.

It is almost impossible to advise on this when the command to run has to
be guessed and what was being done at the time is not mentioned. I do
not use synaptic but the first thing to do is find out how to display a
terminal in whatever environment you are using (GNOME?).

At the prompt type

  dpkg --configure -a

and press the ENTER key. What you do next depends on what you were doing
in the first place.