Re: Bluetooth Questions Using wheezy

	Hi.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:08:08 -0500
"Martin McCormick" <martin.m@suddenlink.net> wrote:

> 	I see the following messages in dmesg:
>
>  Bluetooth: Core ver 2.16
>  Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
>  Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
>  Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
>  Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
>  Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
>  Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
>
> 	Does this mean there is a bluetooth transceiver active on
> this Dell mother board? If so, I never knew it in all the years I
> have had this system which is about 16 or 17 years.

No, it does not. These messages mean that assorted bluetooth modules
are loaded.

> 	Another old Dell optiplex running wheezy also produces
> exactly the same messages when running dmesg.
>
> 	Is there any utility I can run to see if they are alive
> and useful?

But if /bin/hciconfig shows you at least one hci device - that means
that your kernel actually sees Bluethooth transceiver.

For instance, on this PC it looks like this:

$ hciconfig
hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx  ACL MTU: 384:8  SCO MTU: 64:8
        UP RUNNING PSCAN
        RX bytes:506 acl:0 sco:0 events:23 errors:0
        TX bytes:343 acl:0 sco:0 commands:23 errors:0

Reco