Re: Installation issue

On 2016-07-17 00:42 -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Sat 16 Jul 2016 at 20:57:55 (-0700), Adolfo Gonzalez wrote:
> > Hi there, I've tried to install from Internet but during the
> > process I get across choosing a mirror, after I choose it it
> > takes me to a screen with a title "choose a mirror of the
> > debian archive" in. which I'm ask to enter "HTTP proxy
> > information (blank for none)", since I'm using a Wi-Fi
> > connection and haven,t got a clue what information is that I
> > leave it blank but, it always shows me a "bad archive
> > mirror", please HELP
>
> Blank for the proxy is fine. It's likely the error is before that.
> Here are the responses I select. See how they compare with yours.
>
> Configure the package manager
> Use a network mirror? yes
> Protocol for downloads: http

Yes, HTTP over FTP as the latter doesn't always work well or at
all through firewalls.

> Debian archive mirror country: United States
> Debian archive mirror: ftp.us.debian.org
> HTTP proxy:

And is the computer actually connected to the internet ? Can you
ping debian.org or whatever from the machine you're trying to
install Debian on ? If not, go back to the "configure the
network" step in the Debian installer.

For a shell to type the ping command in, try [ctrl]-[alt]-[f2],
[ctrl]-[alt]-[f3] and so on. To go back to the Debian installer,
[ctrl]-[alt]-[f1], if memory serves.

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Discriminating spammers prefer bugs.debian.org.