Re: How to prevent /tmp files from being deleted at reboot

Michael Biebl wrote on 07/16/2016 07:25 AM:

> tmpreaper is no longer needed or recommended under systemd.
> systemd-tmpfiles already does time-based cleanup as builtin feature.

Thank you for that information (which was news to me), but in any case I would
far rather rely on a separate program to perform this job than any init system.

(I find it hard to see why this would or should be the job of an init system.
An init system can reasonably be assigned the task of deleting things at boot;
but after that I don't see that an init system has any business messing with
the files in /tmp.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR