Re: How to prevent /tmp files from being deleted at reboot

MI wrote on 07/11/2016 09:44 AM:

> Sounds promising!
>
> Would you share what you have in /etc/tmpfiles.d/ ? From what I had read, that is
> where systemd would read it's tmp settings, and where it would have migrated settings
> from rcS on upgades.

[HN:tmpfiles.d] ls -al
total 20
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 Aug 25  2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 182 root root 12288 Jul  6 18:06 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   247 Aug 25  2015 tmp.conf
[HN:tmpfiles.d] cat tmp.conf
# Avoid clearing /tmp by shipping an empty /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf file
# which overrides /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf.
# This file was automatically created because of local modifications in
# /etc/default/rcS where TMPTIME was set to infinite.
[HN:tmpfiles.d]

Which is a very confusing message, but I can assure you that /tmp is
definitely NOT cleared.

> You do have a "normal" Debian Jessie with systemd, right?

Completely vanilla Jessie except for ZFS added to support a couple of data disks.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR