Re: locked out of postfix install

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 11:46:27AM +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a relatively fresh install of Debian 8
>
> I did a
>
> sudo apt-get install postfix
>
> The treminal then came up with a page with instructions and an <OK>
> button, I then left this while I was waiting for my DNS change to
> resolve which took several hours. When I went back to the terminal it
> was frozen. I tried ctrl-D,C, and Z. I then had to kill the terminal
> with the close button.
>
> Then I found dpkg still running and had to kill that as apt-get would
> no longer run.

That's fine. The safest thing to do now is:

apt-get install --reinstall postfix

and if it doesn't offer you configuration choices again, you can
do

dpkg-reconfigure postfix

Then inspect /etc/postfix/ to make sure everything is the way
you want it; send some test mail in both directions, and so
forth.

-dsr-