Re: reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

On Fri 08 Jul 2016 at 21:16:00 (+0100), Brian wrote:
> On Fri 08 Jul 2016 at 14:23:01 -0500, David Wright wrote:

> > > Let's see. You write your own grub.cfg or edit the existing one. You
> > > want to preserve your file from being changed so you use a *one line
> > > command* to ensure that. But this one line command is a lot of trouble.
> > > A one line command is onerous?
> > >
> > > It is much easier to edit the unspecified "correct files" to stop any
> > > changes to grub.cfg at a Debian upgrade which attempts to regenerate
> > > it? One lives and learns.
> >
> > I *think* I've worked out what this rant is all about: the replacement
> > of /boot/grub/menu.lst in old Grub by /boot/grub/grub.cfg in Grub2.
>
> Was that a rant? If so, It has nothing whatsoever to do with GRUB
> legacy.

I was referring to the threads which started Thu, 7 Jul 2016 14:39:51 -0400
as quoted above. In them, I have argued against the view that something
"fell by the wayside" in Grub2 wrt the legacy version. Sorry if you
thought that I was accusing yourself of ranting.

> If you want GRUB to do what you want you write your own grub,cfg.

I do; unconventionally, but it suits me.

> Stop moaning. Do it or file file a bug, Then stop moaning and do it.

I'm the person without a complaint about Grub2, not the one moaning.

Cheers,
David.