reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

Hello,
I am preparing my system for the upgrade from wheezy to jessie.
Since ancient ages, this system has been using LILO as the bootloader, because, long ago, it was the only bootloader that was recommended for my setup: this machine has two SATA disks in a software RAID 1 & LVM; that is, in /etc/lilo.conf I have:

boot=/dev/md0
root=/dev/mapper/vg00-rootlv
raid-extra-boot = mbr

My doubt is that I have read that LILO, besides being very old, is now unmantained. However, I see that the jessie installation manual still mentions it, so it does not seem deprecated yet. So the question is: is there any serious reason to switch the system to GRUB before upgrading, or can I just keep my current setup and proceed to jessie?

Thanks
Giovanni