Re: Debian Server (NAT Gateway) Periodically Crashing

On 07/06/2016 11:38 PM, Christian Harris wrote:
I am hoping to get some help with one of my virtual machines. I am running
a KVM host with several virtual machines provide internet services to a
small network. The gateway machine is a Debian 8 minimum install that was
updated to 8.5.  ...

I used to configure a Linux box as a NAT/ gateway/ firewall machine for my SOHO back in the day -- configuring iptables (?) by hand, dealing with modem dialing, etc.. Then I discovered purpose-built FOSS distributions for turning a Wintel PC into a gateway appliance and never looked back. Hardware choices include that old PC collecting dust in the corner, purpose-built low power/ fanless appliances, server-class hardware, etc..

I ran IPCop on Pentium III and Pentium 4 machines with Intel motherboards and an additional Intel PCI network interface card for many years, and had very positive experiences:

    http://ipcop.org/

David