Browser Flakiness under Jessie -- Why?

Assembled Wisdom!

Using jessie, all the GUI browsers seem to be extremely flakey.
With iceweasel, I get, much too often "Well, This is Embarrassing".
With chromium, I get, much too often "Aw, Snap!".  I use lynx to
read some newspapers, and it never crashes.

I live in a retirement community, which has purchased, from Comcast,
a wi-fi installation which is almost always up, and continually
monitored.  The router I have been given is property of Comcast and/or
the community, and is state of the art.  So I don't believe my browser
problem has anything to do with my ISP.

Do others have this problem?  Is it part of the general unreliability of
jessie?

Thoughts, and possible assistance, appreciated.

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
     "St Francis! preaching to the birds!  if he had really