Re: Totally non-functioning wifi card- starting again completely was: Re: Laptop wireless problem

On Mon 04 Jul 2016 at 15:37:42 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Monday 04 July 2016 15:16:23 Brian wrote:
>
> It isn't.   It is just a short quotation to show the ipw 2200 and the
> DRIVERS=="?*", because it bothered me that the drivers bit just had a
> question mark, but apparently my worry about that was misplaced.  Whole file
> beneath my signature.

Full quotes are always preferable. If I were in your position I'd
regenerate the file. You've possibly got at least one device there
which is not on the machine. Let the system take care of things.

Be that as it may, you appear to have all necessary firmware and
drivers. So, how do you fancy a bit of low level stuff?

Reboot and first check firmware loading from 'journalctl'. Then
issue the command 'wpa_cli'.

1. wpa-cli
     You get a prompt ">". This is interactive mode. A selected
     interface should be shown. TAB completion of commands works.
     Command history is with the UP and DOWN keys. The following
     commands are typed at the prompt.

2. add_network
     You'll probably get 0 for the network number.

3. set_network 0 ssid "Your_SSID"
     The response should be "OK".

4. set_network psk "Your_passphrase"
     The response should be "OK".

5. enable_network 0
     The response should be "OK". Authentication and association
     should take place.

6. status 0
     Has it?