Re: Truncating MPGs or MP4s

On 7/2/16, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat 02 Jul 2016 at 10:33:32 -0400, brian wrote:
>>
>> Amy recommendations, please? 64-bit Debian testing, XFCE desktop,
>> plenty of CPU and RAM available.
>
> If the command line puts you off you wouldn't want to use
>
>  ffmpeg -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:50:00 -i input.mp4 -acodec copy -vcodec copy
> output.mp4

One of these years I'm going to try command line just to do it since
I've seen it mentioned a few times, mostly on accessibility lists for
persons with visual impairments.

Normally I use the fairly simple, fairly basic OpenShot for something
like this. BUT... It sounds like your files would be large. I a-sume
OpenShot could most likely handle something like that, but I don't
know yes or no because of no firsthand experience...

OpenShot is usually available in the most primary of package
resources. That was actually how I came to use it versus Avidemux. I
wanted one line and ONLY one line in my /etc/apt/sources.list file.
Using OpenShot helped me keep it that way... for now. :)

Have fun!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey