Re: Rephrased - how to make the upgrader skip a step when it is hung without halting the entire process?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Lisi Reisz wrote:

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 07:58:24
From: Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Rephrased - how to make the upgrader skip a step when it is hung
    without halting the entire process?

I am rephrasing my question: - how do I make the upgrader skip a step
when it is hung, without halting the entire process?

Sorry, I really dislike impatient questioners, but I am at a client's
hose and I am not keen to use ctrl-C because I don't know what else
still needs doing.  I just want to skip to the next step.

Thanks,
Lisi

If I knew an installation was going to have a problem and had already saved logs I'd do the following on the second try. I'd select language then mash that < key until I got out to main menu. Then I'd do each install step using numbers on main menu and try skipping the problem number. If necessary, I'd use that < key whenever a completed step put me into the next step to get back to the main menu. Hope this helps.