Re: Sound problem : on tablet Z3735 with bytcrrt5640

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:50:51 +0800
Gener Badenas <gener.ong.badenas@gmail.com> wrote:

> But Intel now is out of the game of producing mobile socs.  they may not
> fix this at all

A couple weeks ago when I was looking for a possible way to fix things
for my Ideapad I happened to come across some threads on kernel
developer's lists where I saw (to my surprise) that Intel actually seems
to have several people working on this and other Intel-related issues
(at least their mail addresses name@intel.com seemed to suggest they work
for intel).
I also noticed that when I tried the latest 4.7rc kernel that the error
messages during boot have become less, which also seems to indicate that
things are going ahead (still so far no audio here and a few other things
also still missing).
I guess anything that we can do for now with such a device is to make
sure we have the latest efi/bios installed, and keep the
firmware/microcode and kernel packages up to date and hope for the best,
but at least I think there is still hope.

Regards

Michael

Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.
		-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5