Re: wrong owner of /run/user/1000/dconf/user causes X to freeze

SOLVED:   wrong owner of /run/user/1000/dconf/user causes X to freeze

The problem was between the keyboard and the screen :-)  I had started
X/Gnome applications from the root terminal. And that overwrote the
/run/user/1000/dconf/user which then caused the log file explosion.

Reporting it as a bug was helpful, because a Michael Biebl there could
solve the riddle:

Thanks to everyone who tried to help here.

Have a good weekend
Andreas