Re: wrong owner of /run/user/1000/dconf/user causes X to freeze

On Saturday 25 June 2016 10:20:27 postings@andreaskrueger.de wrote:

> SOLVED:   wrong owner of /run/user/1000/dconf/user causes X to freeze
>

> The problem was between the keyboard and the screen :-)  I had started
> X/Gnome applications from the root terminal. And that overwrote the
> /run/user/1000/dconf/user which then caused the log file explosion.

It may have been PEBAC, but that has exposed a bug.  No way that a root
session of anything should over-write or change a single bit
in /run/usr/1000.

Whatever it did, should have taken place in /run/usr/0, aka root/.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)