Re: Stretch, Radeon 4850, and backlight

On Fri, 2016-06-24 at 16:23 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Thu, 2016-06-23 at 15:49 -0600, James Lay wrote:
And after hooking up a second monitor it indeeds defaults to that second monitor after running: modprobe radeon modeset=1 Now..I do I tell the driver which monitor to use?  Thank you.
Great! There's probably a bug somewhere, or that particular hardware should have some sort of quirk to enable the primary monitor, but I'm not sure what component the bug should be filed against. I haven't tried this myself, but it looks like you should be able to force the primary display on (and the secondary off) during modesetting: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/kernel_mode_setting#Forcing_modes_and_EDID You can also do something similar in the Xorg configuration.

Thanks...looks like this is kernel+hardware issue.  I get the same results with Ubuntu 16.04, but not Ubuntu 14.04, which was a 3.x kernel.

James