Re: USB printer CUPS stalls on "Sending data to printer"

On Tue 21 Jun 2016 at 22:24:29 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
>
> > But it will give you something to do for the
> > rest of the afternoon!
>
> I wrote this to automatize it:

To automatise what? Was the suggestion given not clear enough or too
involved?

> # try all PPDs on the system:

There is no point in this.

> #
> #     $ test-ppd **/*.ppd
> #
> # and, in another pane:
> #
> #     $ watch -t -n 0.1 lpstat -p
> test-ppd () {
>     local -a ppds
>     ppds=($@)
>
>     local test_file=~/TEST-TEXT-FILE
>     local printer=laser
>
>     for p in $ppds; do
>         sudo lpadmin -p $printer -E -P $p
>         doprint $test_file
>         sleep 7
>     done
> } # [1]
>
> How does that differ from what you describe?
> Is the above enough to find out?
>
> [1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.zsh/printers

I have no wish to discuss alternatives. Let's leave it like that at this
point. If you wish to use this to find out something, please go ahead.