Re: Strange Email Bounce

Charlie writes:
> Which people? We who are getting these bounces or some other people?

Someone subscribed to the list.  Then, for one of many reasons (perhaps
they got fired and the address is no longer valid), the email server
they utilized started bouncing messages from the list.  However, said
server is misconfigured:  it bounces to the address on the "From:" line
rather than back to the Debian server the message came to it from.
Thus the Debian server never sees the bounce: it comes direct to you.

> I'll see if I get another like it. If so, then unsubscribe, then
> subscribe with something other than Gmail.

Won't make any difference.  Forward such buggy bounces to the
listmasters so they can unsubscribe the originating address.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com