Canon Printer Setup

Hi All,

I'm attempting to use a Canon Image Class MF628Cw from Debian. I downloaded the drivers from the Canon website at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/mf628cw. I installed them via dpkg, then added the printer in CUPS via a web browser at localhost:631.

The printer did not come with a USB cable, and is connected to the LAN. CUPS sees the printer, and the printer appears as available when I attempt to print from evince. However, after sending the print signal, the printer does not print. The "Jobs" page in CUPS says "No jobs," but if I click on printer and then click "Show All Jobs," I see the following:

▲ ID ▲

Name

User

Size

Pages

State

Control

Canon_MF620C_Series-89

Unknown

Withheld

366k

Unknown

completed at
Fri 17 Jun 2016 04:25:24 PM MDT
"src = "" line = 514, err = 0¥nDEBUG: PID 4141 (gs) exited with no errors."

Simple Scan does not recognize the printer at all.

I don't know where else to look for the problem.

Levi