Re: How to download over https

Le 17/06/2016 21:52, Jochen Spieker a écrit :
Pascal Hambourg:

Hmm. I don't know how SSL works, but HTTPS runs on top of TCP so I doubt
that it cares about IP packet size. The task of splitting the TCP payload
stream into IP packets is done by the TCP layer.

Sure, but if your encryption scheme wastes payload in yout packets you
have more overhead for TCP/IP headers in each packet.

Why would encryption increase the payload size ?
Disk encryption with dm-crypt does not (except for the LUKS header).