Re: error trying to launch the first firefox window on Debian Jessie

On Friday 17 June 2016 11:54:32 Sven Arvidsson wrote:

> On Fri, 2016-06-17 at 18:29 +0300, Dalios wrote:
> > Thanks for your effort and your feedback but I don't think that is a
> > good solution for me. Maybe I should try re-installing firefox...
>
> That is almost never a solution on a Debian system.
>
> Try running Firefox with a new profile. This is most likely an
> extension you installed is having problems.

This is NOT making any sense, common or otherwise.  The copy of
firefox-esr I copied to the /usr/lib/iceweasel tree day before
yesterday, then made softlinks to the firefox-esr executables has
vanished,  yet now I can type iceweasel in a cli, and get firefox-esr,
v45.2 I think.  And I've no clue where the heck it went.  Not only that,
but the program (glade-gtk2) that prompted me to do that has also
vanished, but ISTR it exhibited quite a few signs of bit rot and I
removed it.  So, at the instant, I have no gui editor that I can use to
compose working buttons for an addition I am planning to do for
LinuxCNC.  gladevcp has a slightly better set of buttons than Tkinter
has, but that means I am stuck editing .xml files with geany, which does
have a decent xml syntax highlighter.

I feel like I could do more, and faster to a finished gui in tkinter, IF
I could find some docs on it.  The linkage is pyvcp.

Any clues about that will be gleefully checked out.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)