Need help setting up debian dual boot on Macbook Pro (with El Capitan)

The Macbook Pro is described as ‘Early 2015’, which is 64bit.
q1: Should I tray to use testing or jessie?
q2: I have used netinst on some previous debian installs on different hardware, but Macbook Pro
doesn’t have a CD drive. How do I make the Macbook boot from a .iso file on USB thumb drive or
what steps to perform? What search terms should I use?

Of course answers to above questions won’t be enough, but I hope they will get me started.
Either way I expect to be doing a lot of reading ;-)

Paul Condon
pecondon1@gmail.com