Re: how to make bootable live wheezy USB that doesn't use isohybrid

On 06/14/2016 08:27 AM, Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
...If I create a USB dongle with

    # cd /tmp
    # wget http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.11.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-7.11.0-amd64-standard.iso
    # cp debian-live-7.11.0-amd64-standard.iso /def/sdf

Are you cutting and pasting console sessions verbatim? /def/sdf looks like a typo...

As other posters have mentioned, you might have to mess with CMOS settings.

I've also found that not all USB ports are created equal.

So, N CMOS settings and M ports creates N * M combinations to test.

Rather than using a Live distribution or an installer image on USB flash, I've found that:

1.  I can install Debian onto a USB flash drive.

2.  I can place a Debian system drive image onto a USB flash drive.

David