Re: ssh again

On Tuesday 14 June 2016 15:53:17 Mark Fletcher wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:48 PM Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 June 2016 15:40:22 Reco wrote:
> > >       Hi.
> > >
> > > On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:32:19PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >
> > Hostnames, here I come.
> >
> > For hostnames within your own network, consider installing avahi.

Thanks, Mark.  I have.  After the earlier hints.  I just haven't got it
working yet. :-(  So I shall look at both it and having hostnames files to
see which I can actually succeed with.

> > That's
>
> how I got it working on an LFS system I built recently where _nothing_
> worked until I built / installed / configured it myself. The process of
> getting that machine to a useful state taught me a lot, not least an
> appreciation for everything that "just works" with Debian!

That's my project after next - if I live that long!!! ;-)  Probably a quick
way of getting rid of the rest of my hair.  And/or turning it grey.

Lisi