Re: Clock

On Tuesday 14 June 2016 07:20:28 Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> Richard Barmann wrote on 06/14/16 05:36:
> > About once a week when I boot up I find the clock is exactly 4 hours
> > slow. I am using Kubuntu 16.04. If I am asking the question in the wrong
> > place please send me to the correct forum.
> > Thank you.
>
> The four hours seem to be related to your time zone.
> Is this a multi-boot system?
> Did you boot another OS before the clock shift?

Richard is located at GMT -4.  (KMail-Trinity gives me that information!!)  He
probably boots Another OS, which resets the hardware clock to local time.  So
Kubuntu sees hardware clock equals  e.g. 10:00, Hardware clock must be in
UTC, I am at UTC -4, sets local clock to 6:00, clock is four hours slow.

One can set Kubuntu to know that the hardware clock is in local time, but I
don't know how.

Lisi