Re: Clock

On 6/14/16, Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> wrote:
> Richard Barmann wrote on 06/14/16 05:36:
>> About once a week when I boot up I find the clock is exactly 4 hours slow.
>> I am
>> using Kubuntu 16.04. If I am asking the question in the wrong place please
>> send
>> me to the correct forum.
>> Thank you.
>>

> The four hours seem to be related to your time zone.
> Is this a multi-boot system?
> Did you boot another OS before the clock shift?

I was thinking the same thing, too. I ran into something similar
occasionally (FREQUENTLY) until somewhere I stumbled upon a/the tip
about I THINK it was setting the clock via BIOS as universal time
(UTC). You then set the [operating system] clock per installed
package's features based on one's personal needs.

As soon as I did that on my own system, I never ran into the problem
again. I just tried a similar search to verify before sending this
out, and that *is* what I'm seeing reflected back as one
"recommendation" without even going to any of the websites returned in
the search. It's that [operating systems] expect to find time set as
UTC in our BIOS, and the problem comes up when it's set to our local
times.

And it *was* the same situation for me as I think more on it as I
write this up. The clock was inconsistently sometimes correct,
sometimes wrong with no predictable pattern until I made that BIOS
adjustment.... .

Just thinking out loud... again :)

Cindy :)

--