Re: Mailing-list configuration

On Monday 13 June 2016 16:42:40 Nicolas George wrote:
> Mark Fletcher:
> > You know we are not talking about running a nuclear reactor here, right?
>
> What is your point?
>
> > But this only works if all participants agree to use such headers,
> > surely?
>
> No. The header I am referring to has been supported by all half-decent MUAs
> for years, possibly decades, and they work by default.
>
> > You'll never get the eclectic bunch that populate this list to do that.
> > Or does it need to be a feature of the machines hosting the list?
> >
> > I'm sure she read it the first time, but to the point above, this is
> > either something each individual has to co-operate with (not a chance) or
> > something one or more maintainers of the list server(s) need to be
> > convinced to work on (ditto).
>
> This something that can be set up either on the mailing-list manager (and I
> blame the administrators for the Debian mailing-list for not having done
> so) or individually by anyone for their own mails.
>
> This is the strength of my argument: all people who whine about unwanted
> CCs to them could instead take half a minute to set up their headers in
> order to avoid them entirely. Their choice.

So tell us how.  You have not done so.  You have said:
-----------------------------
Conforming to that attitude, I have documented my personal preferences in
the headers of the mails I send with the following Mutt rules:

send-hook . "unmy_hdr Reply-To:"
send-hook ~Cdebian-user@lists.debian.org my_hdr "Reply-To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org

Let me rephrase this:  what is wrong in my email headers that I could edit
(how?) to avoid all this spamming?  I can see nothing in the headers to my
list mails, in spite of looking quite carefully, that suggests that anyone
should reply to me personally.

Lisi