Re: Big dummy at work again

On Sunday 12 June 2016 10:27:54 Michael Lange wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 10:17:42 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > FWIW. there is a 3rd choice in the system menu, called UXTerm. Looks
> > identical to xterm, totally non-configurable like xterm.  So thats
> > more wasted hd space to me.
>
> actually it is not that hard to configure xterm (or other
> "old-fashioned" terminal apps), for example to change xterm's font
> size simply put a line like
>
> XTerm.font: 9x15
>
> into your ~/.Xresources file.

Did that, no change. What did make it usable was checking the use trutype
fonts box.  That made the font about 4x bigger so I was able to set that
back to middle sized.

So I ran a sudo aptitude, had it update, showed 2 packages for security,
and 65 broken packages. But I couldn't figure out how to get a list of
broken packages.  So I quit it, and used synaptic to install the 2
security updates.  And synaptic shows zero broken packages vs aptitude
saying 65? I'm afraid to give it a blank check by hiting the g key
because it wants to rip out as many as 350 proggy's I do use
occasionally.

> Best regards

To you too Michael

Cheers, Gene Heskett