Re: Zimbra 8.6 on Debian 8 Jessie

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 20:17, Frank Pikelner <frank.pikelner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know this is not a supported platform, but is anyone successfully
> running Zimbra 8.6 running on Debian 8.x Jessie?
>
> Frank

I tried on D7 - no go, due to Debian having *loads* of packages and libraries that just weren't compatible.

IMHO - there is a reason it isn't supported - and it's simply that - underlying libraries aren't suitable.

I did end up putting it on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS - and so long as you make sure you have the HWE stack (specific version of 3.x kernel) it works. (And you receiving this email is proof :-) )

Regards

AM