Re: mutt, w3m and firefox

On 2016-06-08 Johann Spies wrote:

> Until a few weeks ago, I could open firefox from mutt by 'v' and then
> select the html-part of the email and press enter.
>
> Now firefox does not but w3m handles everything - which is not preferred
> when some links are important.

I use the following in ~/.mailcap:

  text/html; chromium %s;
  text/html; /usr/bin/elinks -force-html -dump %s; copiousoutput

and in ~/.muttrc:

  bind  attach  <return>  view-mailcap
  alternative_order text/plain text/html
  unauto_view *
  auto_view text/html

This ensures that when I open a multipart/alternative message,
the text part will be shown instead of the html part.

In pure html messages, they will be opened from the mailcap
line with the copiousoutput directive in it, which must be the
last of the text/html mailcap entries.

When you hit 'v' to specifically choose an html part from the
attachment menu, it will be opened in chromium instead.

  Morten