Re: rkhunter -c, doesnt show any rootkit

David Wright wrote:
> On Wed 08 Jun 2016 at 22:16:03 (-0000), Dan Purgert wrote:
>> David Wright wrote:
>> >
>> > [also]

>> > Whose $HOME? It would be bizarre to download a website into your own
>> > home directory. Someone changing files on the other side of the world
>> > could change files in your own home directory.
>>
>> Well, if he's /Downloading/ something (e.g. the latest *.tgz for some
>> sourcecode), one would imagine it's HIS $HOME (or at least $HOME of the
>> currently logged in user).  This is the default action in Iceweasel --
>> or, at least on my install it was.
>>
>> Or have I missed something somewhere?  Seems the thread got broken
>> somewhere, so not 100% certain if this is the latest info ...
>
> The OP hasn't posted a lot of information, so I made some assumptions.
>
> He mentions httrack and 45 files, so I assumed he was downloading a website
> rather than, say, a single tgz. httrack would be overkill for that.
> But how would you like someone else's website to determine your own
> home directory's files and folder structure.

Ah, I see what you're getting at now -- the split in the thread threw me
off what you were getting at with "someone else determining file/folder
structure".  I mean, if the intention was "download some remote
directory in its entirety", you would pretty much start at "what they
decided", and go from there (or at least I do when running wget / curl).

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947
|O|O|O|