Re: make ping executable by normal users?

On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 03:27:16PM +0000, Mark Fletcher wrote:

> you definitely can get this very error due to something to do with
> the firewall,

Well, you can get this very error if you follow the steps I explained here:

[🔎] 20160602225359.GB11087@cantor.unex.es">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20160602225359.GB11087@cantor.unex.es

If you provide a recipe to get that very error with firewall rules,
I will believe that it may be firewall rules, but considering that
most people do not block outgoing ping (most people do not block
outgoing traffic at all), considering that we have a way to reproduce
the exact error, and following Occam's razor, lack of capability is
the most likely reason.

Thanks.