rsync deletion target files

Hi all Debian users.

rsync's `--delete' option works fine when the target directory is the same as
the sender one.  In the following example, I'm sending all the content of
/home/rodolfo from machine1 to /home/rodolfo in machine2:

 $ rsync --dry-run -vrtul --delete --exclude='/.*' . 192.168.0.2:/home/rodolfo

, and --delete works perfectly.  Instead, in this other example:

 $ rsync --dry-run -vrt --delete --modify-window=1 Mail News howto ... /mnt/pendrive/rodolfo

I'm copying various files from different places of my home directory to a
directory named `rodolfo' on the pendrive.  I want that all the files that are
not listed before `/mnt/pendrive' in the above command were deleted in the
destination, but this does not happen.  In rsync `man' page I can't find a
solution.  Please, whoever can, any suggestion about how to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rodolfo