Re: GNOME 3.20 dropped support for tap-to-click?

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016, Michael Biebl wrote:
[...]
> Unfortunately the synaptics package in Debian was changed to have a
> higher priority then libinput [2]. So if you have
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics installed you can't configure your touchpad
> in gnome-control-center atm.

Removing xserver-xorg-input-synaptics worked. Thanks!

> This situation is unfortunate, but we are aware of it and hope to figure
> something out for stretch.

xserver-xorg-input-all depends on xserver-xorg-input-synaptics. So maybe
the first step would be to remove that dependency since it does not seem
to be needed anymore.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...