Re: Delay at boot - network

On Wed 25 May 2016 at 12:20:52 +0200, Hans wrote:

> > When you get this delay, what's in the scrolling messages in the last
> > few lines
> > before the delay itself?
> The last message is:
> started konsole fonts and....

Not likely to be the problem.

> Then:
> (1 of 1) A start job is running for LSB: Raise network interfaces. (1min 30s /
> 5min 30s)

Some script in /etc/init.d which uses the network could be cause.

> > Are they (on your various machines) always the same sorts of lines?
> Yes, different times are shown, but in the same manner.
>
> I googled a bit, and it might be related to systemd. Other people got the same
> problem, with different delay times (up to 15 minutes). That happened mostly
> after an upgrade.

systemd is waiting for some script to complete. It doesn't just carry on
immediately in case something gets broken.

Boot with 'systemd.log_level=debug' and examine 'journalctl --alb' closely.

> Note: I am using /etc/network/interfaces and network-manager is not installed.
> As others mentioned, I commented "allow hotplug" line out, with no success.
>
> This behaviour seem to be a well known problem, buit it looks like there is no
> general solution.
>
> I have erverything static! Here is my complete /etc/network/interfaces:

The idea to boot with only eth0 in the interfaces file is a good one.