Re: What Mid-range USB Sound Cards Work with Linux?

On Tue, 24 May 2016 20:44:59 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would stay to the PCI cards if possible because with USB you will
> have lesser speed and quality, but it is up to you.
> Consider CPU and hard drive speed as well.

For recording, good signal to noise ratio is important, and the four or
five internal cards I've used over the years have all been very poor in
this respect, maybe in the low 40s in dB.

USB devices I've tried have had much less noise, particularly if the
audio ground side is linked to the tower case independently of the USB
cable.

--
Joe