Re: wireless without network-manager... is it still possible?

Datum: Network Manager GUI (network-manager-gnome plus any necessary
plugins, network-manager-XXXX-gnome) works fine under other DEs, I use
it with Xfce and have previously done with LXDE. By necessity, it pulls
in various bits of gnome, but disc space is cheap.

It used to be known as Notwork Manager, but seems to have been useful
for some years now. If you use a more complex OpenVPN configuration
than the default, NM probably can't handle it, but it is fine with the
default, and OK with wifi and mobile dongles.

--
Joe