Re: Customizing/repository question

On Sun, 22 May 2016 22:20:38 -0000 (UTC)
Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> wrote:

> Ralph Sanchez wrote:
> > --94eb2c0807a2726ee105335ce34f
> >
> > Good morning. I was just wandering, is it safe to use packages from
> > another Debian based district repositories by adding them to my
> > sources file, specifically Kali Linux?
>
> Nope, not packages ... but you could always build from source.

Building from source works very well!  I've done so many times, even
building sources from Debian on Ubuntu, or Debian Sid on Jessie.

I've found this very helpful, although the instructions are intended
for backports and may require a little improvisation for your situation:
https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation

I usually substitute "dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc" with "debuild -us
-uc".  Things build more smoothly.

You will have to alter the distribution/revision to match whatever
you are using.

Good luck!