Re: kvm amd nested

[Wed, 18 May 2016 16:59:02 -0500] Paras pradhan
<pradhanparas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On a Jessie host I can see nested kvm is set
>
> -------------------
>
> cat /sys/module/kvm_amd/parameters/nested
>
> 1
>
> ------------------
>
> On the virtual machines  I can see 'svm' but not
> seeing /sys/module/kvm_amd . When I try to create a VM,  I get
> Warning : KVM is not available. KVM kernel modules are not loaded.
> lsmod |grep kvm says its loaded.
>

> What did I miss?

[...]

You need to expose the virtualization feature the VMs. For Intel
machines, it works as described on my page at
http://masysma.lima-city.de/37/how_to_transition_from_virtualbox_to_kvm.xhtml
(Section ``Enabling Nested Virtualization...'')

For AMD, I do not know how to do it, but if I understand it correctly,
it cannot be too much of a difference.

HTH
Linux-Fan

--