[OT] LABELs Re: swap on second hard drive

On Thu 19 May 2016 at 07:46:10 (+0200), deloptes wrote:
> Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> >> UUID is better flexible solution in many cases - why not updating fstab
> >> to have the correct uuid?
> >
> > Because I prefer an identifier that I can remember. :-)
>
> Haha, that's fair enough. It took me about 1h to reverse the setup to paper,
> that I have done few years ago on one server with 12disks
> Not only uuid, but crypt and lvm on top. I finally draw a map with this.
> I suggest not relaying on memory anyway ;-)

In the land of car analogies, I think of Serial numbers as VIN,
LABELs as number-plate/tag/rego (I write the LABEL onto disks with marker pen),
partitions UUIDs as the number on a V5 registration document (UK parlance),
UUIDs as the 16-digit number on a V11 (registration renewal).

Cheers,
David.

http://laughbreak.com/lists/if-microsoft-built-cars/